Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sa Wat Dee Bee Mai 'Merica!

That's a big 'ol Happy New Year in Thai-speak. I'm just now heading home from a hectic holiday hoo-ha up in Chiang Mai, and I'm anxious to get back to work and get on with my routine. I've got a lot of stories to tell, and now that my computer's fixed I'll be able to tell them more often, so I hope I didn't lose all of y'all with my blog-less December. Right now I'm sitting bleary-eyed in Bangkok, people-watching at the train station, after a 16-hour trip on 3rd-class seating...they had me sitting with a sack of potatoes. I should get back to Surat around midnight tonight, and then it's a full day of school tomorrow. I can't wait to show the kids my thickish, holiday beard. They're gonna go apeshit. I'm not allowed to have a beard, but I'll just blame it on the water going out, which it often does. And then, after school, I'll sit down for a nice long session of Thai nuggetry, of the smoked and written kind. Can't wait to fill you all in on all the mishaps and mayhem. Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year celebration, and that no one was maimed by a firecracker, like me. I love all you sons-a-bitches! Check back tomorrow for more posts. Scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment