Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lese-Majeste

Liz Reilly-Brown left a very interesting, and disturbing link on my Facebook page that all of you should check out. It tells the account of a man who was recently apprehended by the Thai police while trying to exit the country. It seems the man made some disparaging remarks about the Thai monarchy in a book he that he wrote. He was sentenced to six years, cut-down to three after he pled guilty. The book he wrote wasn't even widely read, in fact it sold just seven copies.

I would not like this to happen to me. I'm currently reading a book called Damage Done, about a drug traffiker's 12 years in the Bangkok Hilton, the name given lovingly by the inmates of Thailand's capital prison. So, if I've written anything derogatory about the King, of which I'm certain I have not, please let me know. Same goes for future posts. Did I mention that I absolutely love His Majesty, the King of Thailand?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone loves the King of Thailand more than you Scott. Nice blog btw.

    ReplyDelete