Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Success!

I am no longer in visa limbo! After three visits to the US Embassy, two of which were today (they're open from 7 till 11 in the morning, and again from 1 to 2 p.m.; I of course showed up at 11:15), and two visits to Immigration, all within 24 hours, and over 10,000 Baht give or take, I am once again an official non-immigrant class B, or in sane speak, I can legally teach again. Another frustrating visit to the Big Tiger, though not fruitless. On top of my visa luck, I also found a delicious new Mexican restaurant, the best used book store in town, and the Suk 11 guesthouse staff is now treating me like one of their own, so much so that I mustered some steel-ones to ask one of the girls on a date (her name of course is Jeab, what is it with me and Jeabs, or the letter J for that matter?; this is the third Jeab I've fancied), which was a trip upstairs to the guesthouse TV room where I introduced her to the glory of The Goonies. Sloth speaking Thai is a real treat. All in all, not a bad trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment