Monday, September 29, 2008

Onward to Expatriatism

Alrighty, I've got a little bit of time to write down some words before I'm off to dinner with my new friends from New York. I don't think the blog site is displaying the correct time for my posts, but right now it's about 6:15 in the p.m., which means y'all are just about to wake up on Monday morning over there in the States. I started writing shit down the day before I left Gainesville, but I don't think anybody gives a shit about the last moments of my much-maligned, and less than bitter-sweet return to Hogtown, so I'll just tell you briefly about my trip over here and then I'll get to what I'm really supposed to be talking about: Siam.

The voyage started off with a restless night tossing and turning at Penny and Papa Saier's house, sharing a bed with Maxwell the Schnauser, sneaking out to the porch to smoke the occasional bowl. I have to admit, I was getting pretty fuckin nervous about traveling to the opposite side of the earth by myself, and Penny's constant worry-fits weren't helping a damn sight. My last night basically consisted of me getting stoned and wondering if I was doing the right thing (I am), my mom running around spouting nonsense about Thai prisons and malaria, and my Dad sitting indifferently on the couch watching Monday Night Football with his hand down his pants. Wasn't the most relaxing evening, and the fact that I didn't even start packing until 10 o'clock at night for a flight that left at 7 the next morning didn't make things any smoother. Anyhow, long story short, we got up the next morning around 5, drove to the Gainesville Airport, said our goodbyes, and I was off.



No comments:

Post a Comment